One of our favorite date nights is trying out a new restaurant, usually this consists of us finding a place we have never been before but last week we were in for a real treat when Fox Valley Magazine invited us to the soft opening of Hache Moderne Brasserie in Geneva.
The Geneva restaurant scene is packed with unique flavors from all across the foodie palette but Hache Moderne Brasserie is going to quickly become a new favorite. Hache provides “modern cuisine with French influences”. What does that mean to the average diner who picks where they go to eat based on whether a dish tastes good or not? You will find unique dishes with just enough flare you will be coming back for more.
So let’s talk about my Top 5 Favorite dishes and drinks!
5) Buffalo Frog Legs– I am a huge fan of trying the most unique option on the menu and this one jumped off the appetizer menu at me. It was so delicious and for my first time experience with frog legs, I can say that I will be trying them again!
4) Blueberry Basil Mojito– The pairing of blueberry and basil in this mojito made it my favorite drink of the night. I look forward to having one of these on their patio as I people watch this fall.
3) The Gentleman – I think my husband described this drink the best, “An Old Fashion for today’s modern man.” This drinks just screams after-work drinks with the guys (or ladies).
2) Roasted Pork Tenderloin and Porchetta– I am putting this as number two on my list only because I received a small bite. My husband devoured this dish and when he finished he proclaimed that we would be back for more. So this dish is guy approved.
1) Beer Braised Pork – This appetizer was one of those dishes you could just keep eating! It is so delicious and in case you needed more motivation to try it I will leave you with these two little words, Bacon Dust!
If you enjoyed reading about my first experience at Hache Moderne Brasserie then stay tuned, we are going to visit again in a week or two and write a follow-up story (with a twist).
Hache Moderne Brasserie
524 W. State Street (Route 38)
Phone: (630) 402-0288
Website – Facebook Page