Weech on Five Reasons to Visit Kuipers… Heba vs Reason on Recipe: Gluten Free Cornbread… tanya2austin on Recipe: Bacon and Corn Ca… What Wine Goes With… on Wine and Cheese Pairing P… travelingmurphy on Why Omaha, Nebraska?
- If you are looking for me next week I will be hanging out at the @SportsIllinois booth at @NASC! Representing… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 41 minutes ago
- Even Jaxson is excited for me to open the Carmin 2014 that I brought home from @DFVwines! Snowman needs to meet Jax… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Make the best of the west coast. Enter to win everything you need to plan an epic drive up the scenic west coast: goo.gl/fIPd5I 1 day ago
- Governor Rauner spoke at @ilgovconf last night about tourism in the state of Illinois! #ilgov17 #ilgc17 #tourism newschannel20.com/news/local/gov… 2 days ago
- Thank you, @Travelzoo! 2 days ago
Author Archives: travelingmurphy
I love when you go out for drinks after work and realize they serve local spirits. The Barrel + Rye in Geneva won me over as soon as they used the Herrington Gin from Fox River Distilling Co. (Geneva). I … Continue reading
Happy Wine Wednesday! This week’s wine pairing was inspired by dinner tonight. Sushi Pairs Perfect with Snap! Ginger Wine One of my favorite sushi spots is Fushi Yami in DeKalb. The rolls are delicious and affordable. This week’s pairing includes … Continue reading
I have received multiple emails asking me to release my Summer/Fall Wine Festival post early this year. I am so excited to see so much interest for Illinois Wine and travel through the state so I will start working on … Continue reading
Every year my mother-in-law and husband work together to plan experience Christmas presents for me (and my husband). They have given us a weekend getaway to Lake Geneva that included a cooking class, tickets to a farm-to-fork dinner and our … Continue reading
Last year I was the guest at Galena’s Wine Lovers’ Weekend (WLW). There was so much to see and do it was hard to figure out where to start. So I am writing this post to help you figure out … Continue reading
Happy National Margarita Day! Whether you like a Classic Margarita or something more unique like this Avocado Margarita you cannot go wrong with this fun day. Cheers!