So this was a dish I tried with a group of friends right before the holidays. I was looking for something different to add to my family Thanksgiving meal that does not involve any kind of vegetable in a can. It was just a bonus that I had a pack of bacon in the fridge.
Bacon and Corn Casserole
What You Need: 1 Package of Bacon, 1 – 12 oz bag of Frozen Corn, 1/2 Yellow Onion, 1 T Minced Garlic, 1/2 t Red Pepper Flakes, 1/2 t Salt, Pinch of Pepper, 1 T Dried Parsley, 4 oz Cream Cheese (softened), 1/4 c Milk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Cook the bacon until it is crispy then chop it into small pieces. Then set aside. Keep all of the bacon fat in the pan.
3) Chop the onion into small pieces then add the onions to the saved bacon fat. Cook until onions are translucent.
4) Add garlic to the onion and let cook another 2 minutes.
5) Add frozen corn, 1/2 of the bacon, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and heat until corn is warm all the way through. This took me 5 minutes.
6) Remove from heat and set asides while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
7) In a medium bowl combine parsley, cream cheese and milk. Making sure the ingredients are well mixed.
8) Add the bacon and corn mix with the cream cheese mixture and stir. Once everything is combined pour it into a 8×8 pan.
9) Use the remainder of the bacon to top the dish.
10) Bake the 20 minutes.
Note: The red pepper flakes are the secret ingredient and will add just enough of a kick to make this different than most people are used to around the holidays.