One of my new addictions is chorizo. I have been slowly adding it into all of our favorite dishes. Here is my recipe for Stuffed Peppers with Chorizo, this is perfect for all of the holidays coming up or to enjoy while cheering on your favorite team.
Stuffed Peppers with Chorizo
What You Need: 1 Link of Mexican Chorizo- casing removed, 1 c Shredded Cheese, 1/4 c Cream Cheese, 1/4 c Plain Greek Yogurt, Dash of Salt, Dash of Pepper, 2 t Hot Sauce, 10 Jalapeno Peppers – stemmed, seeded and halved
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Brown chorizo in a skillet.
3) Drain the chorizo and put in a large mixing bowl.
4) Add the cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, salt and pepper to the chorizo. Then stir.
5) Spoon the mixture into the halved jalapenos.
6) Place the stuffed peppers on a baking sheet covered with foil.
7) Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
If you are making this recipe for a party you will want to double or triple the recipe. I am usually just cooking for two people so I like to make smaller recipes as a base.
Warning: This is very spicy!