Looking for a special treat to serve at your next Girls’ Night? Check out this Cake Batter Puppy Chow recipe, what makes this different from most of the similar recipes is that this does not include cake batter from a box. I have a lot of friends who are gluten free so I wanted to find something we could enjoy for a movie night and all eat.
Cake Batter Puppy Chow
What You Need: 5 cups of Rice Chex, 1/4 cup Salted Butter, 3 tablespoons of Heavy Cream, 10 ounces of White Chocolate, 1 tablespoon Almond Extract, 1 tablespoon Butter Extract, 1/2 tablespoon Vanilla Extract, 1/2 cup sprinkles, 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1) Pour cereal in large bowl and set aside.
2) Over low heat melt the Butter, Cream and White Chocolate in a saucepan. Stirring constantly until chocolate fully melted, the mixture will be very thick and butter.
3) Remove from heat when fully melted.
4) Stir Almond Extract, Butter Extract, Vanilla Extract into the chocolate mixture.
5) Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir.
6) Wait 2 minutes and then add the Sprinkles. You have to wait a couple minutes for the chocolate to cool down so the sprinkles do not melt.
7) Pour the Powdered Sugar on top and stir. Another option would be to pour cereal and chocolate in a large bag and shake powdered sugar in.
So give this recipe a try and let me know what you think. There are so many ways to change up the typical Puppy Chow, so try a couple and let me know your favorite.