I have a go-to recipe when my family and friends come over to watch football, Chex Mix! This is a recipe my mother-in-law gave me because it is a favorite of my husband. Be warned this is one of those snacks that you will have trouble putting down.
What You Need: 3 cups Rice Chex, 3 cups Corn Chex, 3 cups Wheat Chex, 1 cup Cheerios, 1 cup Nuts, 6 tablespoons Butter, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoon Lowry’s Season Salt, 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
1) Heat oven to 250 degrees.
2) In large bowl mix all the cereals and nuts then set aside.
3) In ungreased large roasting pan melt Butter in the oven.
4) Stir Worcestershire Sauce, Lowry’s Season Salt, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder into the butter.
5) Gradually stir the cereal mixture until it is evenly coated.
6) Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
7) Spread paper towels on the counter. Pour the mix on the paper towels and let them cool for at least 15 minutes.
This recipe is great for parties or even a little snack for date night at home. Feel free to add in some other trail mix ingredients like chocolate or raisins but there is no need, this recipe stands on its own.
BONUS TIP: If you have some leftover grind it up and mix with bread crumbs for delicious fried chicken batter.